All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Xela's Journey Home
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:44 am 

Early in the morning, Xelarian meets his half-brother Elrik outside of the Northern Lights Inn. They share a couple minutes of silence together while they gather the last bit of supplies they might need for their travels south. Eventually, Elrik looks to Xela and asks "You about ready to move, brother?" With a sigh, Xela replies to him "Yes, let us go before I change my mind." Elrik gives him a look of disbelief and asks "What do you mean, change your mind? You would choose to stay here in a land where you are a gharab?" "No brother, Calimport is what is foreign to me now. I fear for what I will see when we get there." Elrik just shakes his head at that and starts walking south. Xela looks back to the north one last time and sighs before quickly picking up his things and following his brother.

(This is Elrik, Half Human and Half Sun Elf)
Hidden: show

(Some info on the characters in this story, updated as they are introduced)
Many of the Cannister brothers are related by blood on their Mother's side. She is a human who runs an unnamed "orphanage" that many simply call the Cannister house. All of the children (related or not) were told to take that as their surname and to call each other by brother. None of the children that have entered those doors have ever been adopted.

The orphanage was a front for Pasha Rezaei, using children as spies and lesser thieves for him. As the orphans got older, they would be taught how to use their skills in more deadly ways. Learning how to properly use various poisons was the one thing that every child would learn. Other than that, they would be trained how best to kill with what they showed promise in. The ones that did well would be given more dangerous tasks and were rewarded accordingly.

Ekim is the oldest brother. He is a human. He is also their mother's first child as far as they know. He is a quiet and calculating assassin, using a long double edged dagger.

Laoric is the second oldest. He is a human. He was taken in by their mother after his parent were murdered. His primary weapon is a bastard sword and he frequently has his tower shield with him.

Xelarian is the next one in line. He is half human and half wood elf. Using archery and stealth, he frequently takes out his targets from afar. In the past, he has had no issue with poisoning the tips of his arrows to ensure his targets don't get back up.

Murphy is a strange one. He is a half human, half gnome bard. His songs are always lecherous and he frequently can be found in a brothel, paying for happiness. His most preferred method of murder is to slip some Crowfoot into his target's drink, which causes acute blistering inside the trachea causing the victim to slowly choke to death. In normal combat he uses a shortbow or his shortsword.

Noodles is the nickname (that has no meaning) given to their half-orc brother. For whatever reason their mother claims that he is blood but everyone knows that he was from the gladiator pits. A heavy set of armor and a great axe make him quite the enforcer.

Elrik, half human and half sun elf, is the youngest of the 'older' brothers. He looks up to Xela and learned to use a longbow to be just like him. He is often perceived as rude but he only comes off that way when he is really upset about something.

Belloras is half human and half moon elf. He has just recently come of age to be considered an adult and his eyes still have the innocence of one who has not yet taken a life. He is good with money and has been used in roles that have him managing the family's coin.

Last edited by AlexBnt on Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Xela's Journey Home
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:43 am 

As the two travel through Amn, they pass a small farm they notice that it has some horses.
"We should take them, brother, it would speed up our travel greatly."
"I am no sharakh, not anymore at least. We will talk to the farmer and purchase the horses from him."
Elrik studies Xela's face, trying to figure out if he is joking or not, and asks "What do you mean, purchase them? We have always taken what we wanted, when we wanted."
"I am not the man you remember me as, little brother. There are better ways for us to live our lives. Perhaps you should have left Calimport when I did."
"Perhaps you should never have left! Do you not remember who you were when mother took you in? You were a muzha-dahyarif to us all and yet she told us to trust you, so we did. You will always be the same liar, thief, and murderer that we all had to be to survive!"
Xela just sighs at that and tells Elrik to wait there. Some time later he comes back leading two horses and gives Elrik a wink. They set back on their path south, now at a much swifter pace.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:04 pm 

After a long day of travel, the two set up a campsite in some woods a little ways off of the highway. Elrik began to start a low fire and Xela along with his panther Bailey, went off and hunted some local game for them. As the food cooked, Xela summons his cat, Oliver, who immediately saunters over to him and plops down on his feet. Before the food is completely cooked, Xela cuts a small sized piece of meat off for Oliver and tosses it to him, and a bigger piece for Bailey, tossing it to her.

(Oliver standing to catch the food)

As the two brothers eat, they start talking.
"Tell me about these supposed friends of yours, brother."
"What is it that you would like to know?"
"I simply wish to know more about the people that would have your mind and your loyalties in such a confused state. Surely there must be some ulterior motive in having these friends of yours."
"There is no motive. It is simply friendship, for the sake of friendship."
"And what is the gain in that?"
"Life isn't all about what you can gain. I know it must be surprising for you to hear me say that and I'll admit that I am even surprising myself, but I have started to learn that there is more to life than simply having wealth and power." Xela pulls a small gemstone out of one of his pouches. "This right here means much more to me than all of the gold in my possession."
"A colorful rock? Does it have magic powers?"
Xela shakes his head no. "It is a gift from my closest friend, gave to me before we left. As far as I can tell, it has no magic, but she said it was always lucky to her."
Elrik scoffs. "So it's useless then."
"I truly hope that one day you will come to understand what I am saying to you."
"And I hope one day you will look back and realize how foolish you sound right now." Elrik chuckles. "Get some rest brother, I will take first watch."
Xela nods and lays down with his head on Bailey, Oliver curled up on his legs.

(The lucky stone)

Last edited by AlexBnt on Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:48 pm 

Night comes quickly as they reach the Small Teeth mountain range. The clouds in the sky look like there will be a downpour at any minute. Knowing that they need to find shelter, they head off of the path and towards the mountains. Spotting a cave, they tie their horses off to a tree and then move to it cautiously. As they near it, Xela motions for them to stop.

"What is it?"

Xela gives Elrik a wink, summons Oliver, and then casts invisibility on the cat. Xela closes his eyes and concentrates as Oliver darts into the cave. After a few minutes, Oliver runs back out of the cave to the brothers. Xela unsummons him and looks at Elrik.

"Hill giants, only a handful of them, deeper within."
"Nothing the two of us can't handle?"
"We should be fine, but don't get cocky." He grins "We both know that I am the better archer here."

Elrik smirks as he follows Xela into the mouth of the cave. Inside, they see that there is one tunnel, not high enough for a giant to travel through without crouching, leading further in. They silently move down the tunnel, sticking to the shadows the whole time. They reach the main chamber and count five giants. They take note of the two closest, who seem to be in a heated discussion. Xela motions that he will take the one on the left and Elrik the right. Elrik nods and nocks an arrow, but then looks at Xela curiously when he simply draws back his bow string and an arrow magically forms on it. Xela gives him a quick wink.

Xela quietly countdown from three. They both release at the same time. Xela's arrow pierces the center of his target's neck, pumping acid down its throat. Elrik's arrow doesn't quite meet its mark, slicing through the side of its neck. The giant's eyes goes wide as it sees the with the acid dying in front of him, then throws a hand up to his neck and howls as he realizes what just happened. Xela and Elrik quickly shoot a couple of arrows into him, ending his life. Two of the other three giants, now aware of the intruders, charge right at them. The third picks up a large boulder that it was sitting on and hurls it their way. The brothers roll away in opposite directions, the boulder landing in between them. Before Xela is even fully standing, arrows are flying at the giant closer to Elrik, who is also shooting at it.

The giant closer to Xela continues its charge and slams into him, sending Xela flying into the wall near the tunnel they came from, his bow lost from his grasp. Weakly, Xela pulls out a wand and engulfs the giant in a ball of fire before it can crush him. Elrik runs over to Xela and drags him back down the tunnel before the last giant can get to them. The giant is either too enraged or too stupid, and tries to follow them down the tunnel, putting it at a clear disadvantage. Elrik releases arrow after arrow at it, continuing even after it has been killed. A groan from Xela reminds him of the pressing issue.

After bandaging his brother up to the best of his ability, Elrik squeezes past the dead giant and retrieves Xela's bow. He then sits near the entrance of the tunnel, keeping watch over the shelter they fought for.

Last edited by AlexBnt on Tue May 10, 2016 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:15 pm 

A full day goes by while Xela lies there with only a few moments where he is semiconscious. Throughout the whole time, he kept mumbling, as if he was trying to talk to someone far away. Elrik tends to his wounds as best as he can and listens to his words as he speaks them, wondering who this woman who's name he keeps calling out for is. During the night, Xela finally wakes and tries to sit up but isn't able to do so on his own. Elrik places his travel bag behind Xela to prop him up. Xela sounds weak as he starts to talk, his lungs having trouble getting enough air in them.

"Thank you brother... how long have I been asleep?"
"Only a day. It has been a quiet one, luckily."
"That is good to hear. I was worried that it might have been much longer than that."

Before Elrik can respond, Xela holds up a hand for him to wait as he receives a magical sending from Sirion Te'Dwa.
Sirion wrote:
Xela... I don't like the way things were between us before you left.
Aly is sorry you left without asking for help. She will rush to your side if you change your mind. She also said "Be cautious, you damn idiot." And Rin said not to get killed. Dummy.
I will be looking in now and then... take care.

Xela quietly responds to the sending:
Sirion? I've gotten myself hurt.. It's hard to breathe right now..
Please let Aly know that I miss her greatly and I wish I had been able to see her before I left. I would not endanger her by having her by my side at this time.
Tell Rin that I will not make a promise that I don't think I can keep. You all are better off without me around anyway..

"What was that about?"
"My friends.. they are worried about me" he says, closing his eyes.
"Perhaps I was wrong about these people."
Xela just lets out a "mmhm" as he drifts back to sleep.

Another sending is sent to Xela, but he is already fast asleep.

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:48 pm 

Another magical sending wakes him up the next morning, this time from Hoihe Dacino. He barely comprehends it in his semiconscious state but realizes that she was offering him a ride home on her ship, the Wanderess. He responds with a groggy "No, I'll be fine."

Hearing his brother speak, Elrik looks over at him. "Ah, you are up then?"
"Yes and I'm quite ready to leave this cave. It reeks of death."
"You will be able to travel then?"
"Of course. A couple cracked ribs are not going to stop me."
Elrik nods to him and prepares the horses for travel. They gather their things and head out shortly after.

They don't speak until they get out of Small Teeth, not wanting to attract the attention of any more humanoids. When they are finally out of the mountain range, Xela starts talking to Elrik.

"I had apprentices, you know. Two of them."
"What were you teaching them? How to hit on women?" Elrik asks with a laugh.
Xela chuckles at that "They are women."
"Oh you are a sly one. I'm assuming you had fun with them both?"
"Well.. only with one of them.. and actually we were quite close. I ended things with her not long before you found me though."
"Hmm.. Xela in a relationship? That doesn't sound right to me. What about the other one? Was she not pretty or something?"
"No she is quite a cute one, and I won't lie and say that I haven't thought about it, but she and I were on a completely professional level."
"You? Professional with a cute girl? He scoffs at that thought.
"Well I haven't had the opportunity to completely get rid of her betrothed yet. I had been working on ruining his reputation with the community for some time now actually."
Elrik smirks "That sounds a lot more like the Xela that I knew."

Their travels that day are uninterrupted and fairly boring. Near the end of the day, Xela receives another sending from Sirion Te'Dwa.
Sirion wrote:
Xela, I hope you are safe. I have a message to you from Aly. She wants to know if you need help. She wants you to know that she expects a fully honest answer, and if she learns that you were not honest for whatever reason, she will make you regret that.

As much as I know how she wants to be around me, no, I do not need her help.
Besides, I need an excuse to want to come back, right?

Sirion wrote:
I will tell her. Take care.

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:57 pm 

Arriving at a small walled in town called Mosstone, they house their horses in a stable and find a local inn to stay in. Down in the bar, the two ask around about the town and hear about a caravan that is continuing its journey to Calimport in the morning. While Xela is hitting on one of the barmaids, Elrik swipes some food and drink and heads upstairs to their room. Xela continues to flirt with the barmaid a little longer, before heading up there as well.

"She seemed rather plain, don't you think?"
"Well one of us had to distract her. Clearly I am the better choice for such a task." he says with a light-hearted chuckle.
"I will say I'm a little surprised, you seemed quite intent on calling out for the same women over and over when we were in that cave."
"I.. did..?" He immediately knows who Elrik is talking about. "Well, she's just a friend.. nothing more." The tips of his ears get red as he says this.
"You must think I am quite the fool to believe that, but I won't press the issue."

After a few minutes of silence pass, Xela starts talking again.

"The rest of our brothers are already home?"
"The ones I could find, at least. Laoric and Murphy were up in Luskan, but they traveled back by ship. Ekim was locked up in Daggerford. It was a little bit of trouble but I broke him out. He traveled to Baldur's Gate with me but continued on and said he would find Noodles on his way home."
Xela sighs when he hears that name. "That is about the dumbest name anyone could have. Remind me again why we still call him that?"
"Because it's funny? I find it a fitting name for our dimwitted brother."
"Dimwitted is an understatement.. but I will say that he is a loyal one. The only orcblood in the world that I would ever trust."
"I can agree with you on that one. It won't be long before we are all back together causing whatever kinds of problems we can."
"Ah yes, how wonderful..."

They reminisce on old times for a bit before both going to sleep with plans to head out with the caravan in the morning.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:17 am 

The two brothers work out a deal with the caravan master, who agrees to let them travel with him for free under the assumption that they would help defend the caravan if needed. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), the caravan master doesn't need to make use of that deal during their day of traveling together. They have no incidents and swiftly travel south, stopping in Memnon during the night. The caravan master informs them that they will stay there for a day before continuing on.

(The port city Memnon)

The brothers have no trouble finding a place for the night.

"Do you know anything about who we will be up against? Don't tell me that Amir Rezaei was the one to do this."
"Pasha Rezaei is most likely responsible. From what I was able to gather, his enforcer Cestys was the one that took mother and we both know that one wouldn't do such an act without direct orders."
"He never was one to think for himself. I always hated when Amir would put us on missions with that one."
"Pasha Rezeai"
"You think I care about his title? He will die the same no matter what we call him now."
"He has his whole guild backing him.."
"Thieves and con-artists, mostly. We were his attack dogs. I knew he would be angry when we left, but I did not think it would come to this."
"Do you think we will be able to rescue her?"
"She is either dead already or she is fine. If she is dead then he means to kill us too. If she is not then he means to scare us into working for him again. Either situation will end with the same result. He will die."
Elrik nods in agreement.
"Get some rest brother. It won't be long before we won't be able to."

Last edited by AlexBnt on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:51 am 

A calm day passes; the brothers gathered the supplies needed for the last bit of travel through the Calim Desert. They found a merchant willing to trade them camels for the horses that they had, which would be needed for the rest of the journey.

"That man really ripped us off. Those horses were worth much more than the camels he gave us."
"What's it matter to you? The horses were free anyway."
"Free? I never said that I didn't rightfully buy them."
"But you implied..."
"No, brother. You assumed that I took them as you would have done." Xela lets out a chuckle. "You never asked if I did or not."
"Very well then. That's your loss, not mine."

The morning after that, the two meet back up with the caravan. The caravan master gives them the same deal as before. They would travel for free but they would be traveling as guards for him. The brothers agree of course, as it would be much safer to travel with them than alone. The group makes its way through the desert slowly, keeping a watchful eye on every dune they pass. Scared whispers of the Black Raiders begin to travel up and down the caravan.

"Think they will attack this caravan?"
"If they do, we are all dead anyway. Best not to worry about it."
"But do you think they will attack us?"
"No. This is far too small a group for those ones to target. If we run into any trouble it will be simple desert bandits of no important affiliation."
Elrik breathes a sigh of relief. "That is good, at least.."

(Caravan traveling through the Calim Desert)

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:47 pm 

After a long two days of travel through the desert, the caravan finally arrives at Calimport. The group enters the Bajhit Sabban of the Trades Ward, a disorganized cluster of tents and bazaars that surrounds the city's northern gate. Xela looks nostalgically towards the city, eyeing the many domed buildings and numerous slim minarets throughout it.

(Map of Calimport)

"Did you forget how beautiful home was?"
"No, I forgot how beautiful this city appears to be."
"Either way, we should get going. I'm sure our brothers would love to see us."

Xela and Elrik say their goodbyes to the caravan master, who is glad he didn't have to use their services during the last stretch of the journey. They pull their masks up and make their way through the city, opting against using the more convenient byways for the overcrowded streets below. Sticking together, they travel through the Emerald Ward and into the Kanduq Ward. Xela is surprised to find the roads so familiar and ends up leading the way to the unnamed orphanage in the Sholeh Sabban.

As they arrive, they are noticed by a couple of hin cleverly disguised as children. One of them runs inside before he sees Elrik pull down his mask. Seeing his face, the other hin quickly runs inside to let the others know who it is. Xela pulls down his mask and lets out a slight chuckle before the two walk inside.

Last edited by AlexBnt on Tue May 03, 2016 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:10 pm 

///Sorry about this OOC post, just want to try to make sure the following posts don't cause any confusion as there will be a full party of six characters in the story now.

Xela will continue to use green
Elrik will continue to use orange
Laoric will be using red
Murphy will be using cyan
Ekim hardly talks, he mostly just gestures, but when he does it will be yellow
Noodles will use this, but his speaking should be obvious as he is very dumb ;)
Belloras is more of a minor character to the story, but he will use blue

Any other characters will have an "InsertNameHere said" or something similar///

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:02 pm 

The crowded building goes silent when Xela and Elrik walk in. Children and teenagers all stop what they are doing to look upon them. In the center of the room, Xela spots the four other brothers closest to him. Ekim, Laoric, Murphy and Noodles, each with a look on their face that is so well known to him. Ekim's face is unreadable, emotionless. Laoric seems to be in his typical foul mood. Murphy has a slight smirk on his face. Noodles just looks dumbfounded.

(From left to right - Ekim, Noodles, Murphy, Laoric)

After a moment of staring at each other, Murphy speaks first. Only he knows whether is was to break the awkward tension or because he was honestly curious.
"So Xela, did you ever get with that one wench? You know, that icy one.. what was her name? Necks or something?"
Before Xela can respond, Laoric smacks Murphy upside his head. "We have much more important matters to talk about than your fantasies."
Ekim nods in agreement.
"All I know is that Cestys was the one to take her. All I need to know is if Rezeai gave him that order."
"Pash-" A stern look from Xela stops Elrik from correcting him.
"It has been confirmed" He says quietly.
"It was easy to learn that." Laoric motions to the orphans around them. "As you may remember, we have many eyes and ears. Rezeai has succeeded in what he wished to happen, we are all back. Where he erred was in thinking that he would be able to force us to work for him again."
"Noodles chop Rezzy up! Chop Sesteez too!"
"Easy now. We will all get our shot. Together, just like old times."

They all seem to be in agreement with that and move to a secret backroom, away from the younger ones. They start planning out what they will need to do in the next couple of days.

Later, Xela sits on his old bunk opposite of Laoric. The two start talking about their time in the Baldur's Gate area.
"You know you could have told me that you were leaving. Both Murphy and Ekim at least did."
"Do you really think I had time to come find you and have a chat? My face was posted all over Beregost."
Xela grumbles and grudgingly accepts his reasoning.
"We were making a decent living up in Luskan. Murphy and I, that is. You'd be surprised how many of our targets would hire him to perform for them."
"He still uses Crowsfoot?"
Laoric nods "He still won't let me know where he gets all of it."
"I'm not sure how much use that will do here. I doubt we will have a chance to poison Rezaei's drink."
"How I would love to see it happen though. It is always enjoyable to see one of Murphy's victims suffocating to death like that."
"Yes.. enjoyable..."

They talk for about an hour or so longer. Xela doesn't fail to notice one of the younger brothers, a half elf by the name Belloras, constantly eavesdropping on their conversation. Xela ignores it and goes to bed, planning to talk to him in the morning about it.

Last edited by AlexBnt on Mon May 09, 2016 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Unread postPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:44 am 

The next morning, Xela finds Belloras sitting around rolling a coin over his knuckles. He continues to do so as he looks up at Xela.

"What's the matter brother, you only do that when you are nervous about something."
"Are we really going to fight Pasha Rezaei's guild?
"We are. You're not."
"But.. I've been learning how to fight. I can help too!"
Xela shakes his head "You can help by staying safe so we don't have to look out for you."
"I just want to be useful like you all.."
"We all have our uses. If you want to help then go and get us the supplies we will need."
He sighs and then nods "The usual supplies, poisons and potions, right?"
"Correct. If you see anything else that you make think would be useful I trust your judgement."
Belloras nods again, grabs a sack of gold coins, and then walks off.

Unread postPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 5:30 pm 

Belloras returns looking proud of himself, carrying various poisons and potions, along with three small wands. He enters the back room of the orphanage where his brothers wait and places the supplies on the table.

"I do hope you got me some Scorpion's Blood."
"Yes of course! Scorpion's Blood, Mindshadow, Huld and.. He lowers his voice, regardless of the fact that the room is soundproof venomwood."
"Good, we will make use of all of that. What are those wands you have there?"
"Oh! They are wands of sending! I was only able to get three of them though.. I wanted to get enough for each of you."
"Well we are going to be sticking together.. right?" Elrik asks a little nervously.
Ekim just looks at him, straight-faced as usual.
"We split up all the time on missions. Just think of this as one of those."
"Still.. We shouldn't go anywhere without someone watching our back. Laoric, you and I will pair up. Murphy, you and Noodles will stick together. Ekim, you will watch over Elrik."
Belloras hands a wand to Xela, Murphy, and Ekim.

Before any discussion can continue, one of the orphans burst into the back room.
"Brothers, there is some man outside! He said he is an emissary from Pasha Rezaei!"

They get up immediately and head outside. Three men are standing there, whom they all recognize. In the middle stands Kassim, a wizard and primary adviser to Rezeai.

On his right stands an archer by the name of Saboa, who frequently rivaled Xela to be the best archer in Calimport.

On Kassim's left is Qatal, a red-eyed tiefling wielding a scimitar.

The man in the middle is the first one to speak.
"Pasha Rezaei requires your presence. You are to go to him this time tomorrow if you want this to go easy for you, or should I say, for your mother."
"How do we even know she is still alive?"
"You don't." Kassim motions to Qatal, who tosses a small bag to Xela. "But the longer you delay the less of her there will be left."

Xela opens the bag to see two slender fingers inside. He looks up to see the three of them walking away. The brothers look like they would have attacked them right then and there, if it wasn't for the fact that it was broad daylight. They head back inside to plan for the next day.

Unread postPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:13 pm 

Before they could set out the next day, Xela receives a sending from Sirion informing him that Kalidorian has been imprisoned and Soraya attempted to commit suicide. He responds with worry for his little shin-kicking sidekick, and tells Sirion to let Hoihe that he will need a lift back as soon as possible. He does not mention any of this to his brothers.

The six of them head straight for the guildhouse of Pasha Rezaei, with Belloras back at the orphanage watching over the younger ones. Upon arriving, they are acknowledged by Saboa.
"Ah, you showed up. I was hoping you wouldn't, it would have been more fun that way."
Xela glares at him which just causes him to laugh.

They walk inside, Saboa trailing them, to see Pasha Rezaei reclining lazily on a mound of pillows. He talks to them as if they never left and still work for him.
"There you all are. I have an important mission for you. I need you to-"
Before he can finish his sentence, Elrik loudly interrupts him.
"Where is our mother?! Where are you keeping her??"
"You will see her in time, assuming you don't do anything to disrespect me.. again."
"What is it that you want us to do..?"
"Just take care of a couple problems for me."
Rezaei tosses them a rolled up parchment.
"You will find the problems that I need you to get rid of in that. Now, be gone from my sight and come back when you have that completed."

(Pasha Rezaei)

Xela picks up the parchment and the brothers head back to the orphanage.

"You can't except me to work for him again."
"Noodles agree. We chop Rezzy. Not chop Rezzy bad!"
"Patience. We need to get rid of those close to him first. There is no way that we would be able to just run in there and strike him down."
Quietly, Ekim adds "Xela is correct. He had powerful wards and many eyes were on us."
"What bothered me most was the fact that Cestys wasn't there."
"So then what? We kill the people on this list of his?"
"You say that as if you won't enjoy it."
"That's not my point. I simply do not wish to kill for him."
"We will do what we have to, at least until we discover if she is even alive or not still."

They look over the targets on the parchment and divide the names amongst each other.