All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Way Of A True Believer Can Be Read In Many Ways
Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:09 am 

Dhavel Dismas

Appearance:
This man wears an outfit dyed in a cool, sea-blue hue. Simple but sturdy weave, made from fabric fit to travel upon land or sea. A necklace of alternating coral and water-opal beads is strung loosely over his neckline.

His features are average, with a calm countenance, as if he is one with his fate, whatever that may be. Not very expressive in the face—like wearing a mask of a singular expression—yet most often, diplomatic and open to receiving conversation.

Physically, he does not seem to be overly strong or dexterous, however, his movements have a certain drive to them—a bold walk, and speed, a tendency to perceive movement and sound, reflected in his gaze and attention to his surrounding by his bodily movement. Some might think of an analogy to water, coursing a path, finding few obstacles against its soft power.

Upon his person are a few pouches and leather boxes containing potions and kits typical to one that adventures in the world. He has simple weapons upon his person two daggers and a quarterstaff, the latter most often found strapped across his back.

Hidden: show
Race: Human
Height 6' 1"
Weight: 170 lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Dark brown with graying streaks
Facial Hair Style: A few days of stubble

Personality Profile:
General Health: Appears average and healthy, for age and physique.
Deity: Spoken allegiance to the dogma of the Water Lord Istishia
Initial Alignment: ...
Profession: ...
Base Class & Proposed Development: ...
Habits/Hobbies: ...
Languages: Common, ...
Weapon of Choice: ...

Background:

///To build upon...

Dhavel Dismas - ...the Wayfarer
Jon Smythe"Nobody is my name, Nobody do they call me."
Caed Wynter-Rose – Wanting to know more... @ lvl 4
Olofalcon - Svirf Stone Mystic

Last edited by Steve on Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: The Way Of A True Believer Can Be Read In Many Ways
Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:10 am 

Subject: Rumors of Ulgoths Beard

Rumor makes it way through the hamlet of Ulgoth's Beard. Under a Ten Day ago, a man washed up upon the shore, barely clinging to life, as well, barely clinging to a man's length trunk of wood. Found upon the sandy beach, a small rescue to health entailed setting the drifter to warm by the nearest campfire, imbibing him with an elixir to bring his faculties back from...the realm between life and the forever void.

After some time nursing him, the villagers began to question the man, taking into account time of year, the coldness of the waters, the likelihood of any surviving for long with only simple cloths and upon a trunk of wood. The man easily gave his name, of Dhavel, as well, his story: he was but a passenger upon a trading vessel making way from Mintarn to Orlumbor, when...reaching near the harbor of the island city-state, tragedy struck when waves surged upon the vessel and its hull was struck open by running aground.

Once informed, the man seemed surprised that he was now upon the Sword Coast and in this hamlet, having some idea of the region, the coastline outposts and where civilization could be found. But in general, his response was to give honor to The Water Lord, and expressing, that it was the expression of the cycle of fate.

Dhavel, taking account of his low health, asked of the people of the hamlet to bring him to a place to which he could rest further. As he left the beach, Dhavel turned to recognize the drift wood that had aided his journey upon the waves to land, and safety. He called out to the fishermen to hold that wood for him, in storage...so that one day soon he would return to claim it.

Last edited by Steve on Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:22 am 

A man in garments of a blue hue, blue-green like the sea, seen within the walls of the Gate since the month of The Claw of Winter, had been seen, maybe known first-hand, to be seeking any honoring of the Water Lord, Istishia, in the city itself.

His search went without a discovery to please him.

Thus, though winter was biting at the flesh and perhaps even the wells would freeze during the night, this man could be seen often residing on the ground, cross legged, near sources of water. By all accounts, meditating. Such was one well, near the eastern plaza...and other buildings.

In these moments of repose, he moved little nor paid much attention to his surrounding, which may or may not have caused some disturbance to those using the well. Some may or may not have thought him to be a lost traveler, maybe even a beggar...though his newly sown clothing would not fully support that reaction.

When the man did adjust his position, or take to stepping up the well for a moment to quench his thirst, it was not lost upon him of the building casting a metaphorical shadow cast upon him...by the nearby looming Enclave.

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:11 pm 

With the battle decided, and as the cavern room regained a greater silence, the standing victor let loose from his lips these words...

"Every one of the elements has its place, but water triumphs over all of them in the end."

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:25 pm 

A man offering for sale rare water opals.

He comments on the lack of an honoring of the Water Lord—such an oddity, really...considering the reliance upon the element by the city of Baldur's Gate—and that if the citizenry, the Duchal Lords nor any other have yet to make it known their acknowledgement of the essential truths embodied by water...then he, Dhavel the Water Wanderer, will do it.

And thus he begins to build some wealth, selling gems that are born from the God-King of Water, itself.

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:43 pm 

Steve wrote:
A man offering for sale rare water opals....

4th of the Claw of the Storms~

Woman in Red: *looks at the man, then down at the gems on the cloth.*

Man in Blue: *listens and observes*

Woman in Red: What do they do? Your gems? They're pretty. Can I look at one?

Man in Blue: Greetings, traveler. They are pure water opals, smoothed in the purest of elements to receive their luster. As you may well see, they contain a radiance found in no other stone.

Woman in Red: *picks one up and looks at it* Do you use them for anything?

Man in Blue: They are used for many, various uses...'tis dependent on what your goal is. Most importantly...they are signs of ones...observance, of the elemental gift that is water, in all its forms.

Woman in Red: *nods quietly*

Man in Blue: And thus...a sign of honoration towards the Water Lord, Istishia. Some say the entirety of the faith in the Water Lord, is captured in the the water opal gem...and one need only concentrate upon the stone, to be able to see, and learn, what few come to know.

Woman in Red: *looks back down at the gem, seeming to be pondering something* I don't know much about Istishia. My uhm... well, I've, friends, who, don't like him very much.

Man in Blue: You retain friends, that...do not like an element embodying great knowledge?

Woman in Red: Well, they're... uh, they're sworn to Kossuth.

Man in Blue: As it is. Sworn to one; sworn to fear.

Woman in Red: Fear?

Man in Blue: Fire fears that which can so easily extinguish it...though, by no malice or desire, just simply, the inherent power that it is.

Woman in Red: *looks up as it begins to rain. She pulls her hood up* Are you uh, a priest of Istishia, sir?

Man in Blue: I am but a follower of the Way.

Woman in Red: What's the Way?

Man in Blue: It is the path of the soft power, acknowledging change within the essential nature of self.

Woman in Red: what does that mean?

Man in Blue: Something you may learn if you place yourself in the Way...and, in step, look deep within this water opal. *he then points to one of the gems he is offering for sale*

Woman in Red: *looks to the opal she had picked up to look at* You can see something in it?

Man in Blue: I..perhaps. If any can see a thing...that is what will put them upon the path...or, not.

Woman in Red: Oh. Well I'll uh, I'll buy one, I guess. How much are they?

Man in Blue: I will sell one for the amount of 1 bag weight of gold coin of this realm.

Woman in Red: Okay. *offers over a bag of coins*

Man in Blue: That is pleasing to hear. Your coin will be used for honoration of the Water Lord himself, in this city. *he motions for her to take the stone into her possession*

Woman in Red: Thank you, sir. *curtsies*

Man in Blue: It has been a pleasure to share with you Istishia's knowledge.

Woman in Red: Good day.

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:02 pm 

Steve wrote:
Steve wrote:
A man offering for sale rare water opals....

11th of the Claw of the Storms~

A conversation continues….:

Man in Red Armor and Cape: Yes, I am a man who cares for action.

Man in Blue: But perhaps...a man that has traveled as much as you seem to have....knows not where to act.

Man in Red Armor and Cape: *He seems to ponder that for a moment, not responding for a time* "Perhaps not, but those who act wrongly, will be punished accordingly" *He responds, with little emotion*

Man in Blue: Tell me then, man of the red robes...what is "to act wrongly?" You seem to carry a passion...but how do you express it?

Man in Red Armor and Cape: "You will receive what you give . . . " *is his only response*

Man in Blue: Is that...some rule you abide by? *he emphasizes to you*

Man in Red Armor and Cape: *he ponders that for a small moment* "Yes . . . I guess you could call it that"

Man in Blue: A man with a code...*he implies that of the man in the red robes*

Man in Red Armor and Cape: *Get's an ever so slight grin of satisfaction at the man's words*

Man in Blue: Or...a man that honors the rule.

Man in Red Armor and Cape: *He quirks an eyebrow* ". . . The rule?" <i>he responds questioningly

Man in Blue: Is he a man that abides by and from within...or does he adopt and serve what arrives from without? Codes...honor...rules....these all have origin. Where does yours originate?

Man in Red Armor and Cape: "From what I have picked up on my travels. From what I have learned from some of the people I have traveled with" *He looks slightly uncertain at the questioning*

Man in Red Armor and Cape: "And from what I feel is right . . . "

Man in Blue: Guided by an inner compass, then.

Man in Red Armor and Cape: *He looks slightly more certain with his last sentence*

Man in Blue: A man that would face the Gods on his own merit, more than serve them in order to gain merit.

Man in Blue: *Dhavel seems to continue on with ascribing characteristics on the man in the red robes*

Man in Red Armor and Cape: "What about you then? What do you wish to achieve with selling . . . these . . . gems"

Man in Blue: Did I not say that clearly to you?

Man in Red Armor and Cape: "To show people the way, wasn't it?"

Man in Blue: These gems...are said to give great and powerful insight, to those that open themselves to The Way. But I sell them, for another...more practical reason.

Man in Red Armor and Cape: ". . . money" *he states*

Man in Blue: It is a clever answer. The clearest one for the simplest of observations.

Man in Red Armor and Cape: "What do you need money for?"

Man in Blue: Since my arrival on the Sword Coast, I have wandered from village to city, finding not one single observance or installation to honor Istishia, the Water Lord. Though water itself is none other that life for this region....none have given thought.

Man in Blue: Given thought to show the dedication, this elemental King deserves.

Man in Red Armor and Cape: " . . . So you wish to start a temple?"

Man in Blue: The path I am upon is not one to construct a temple. And within the faith....it is little needed.

Man in Blue: A shrine, well placed, and with the correct display of shells and gems to honor him...would suffice.

Man in Blue: With such a gift in honor....there shall be equal return.

Man in Blue: *he smirks ever-so-slightly at the man in the red robes*

Man in Red Armor and Cape: *he snuffs, yet ponders the man's words*

Man in Blue: It is unfortunate.....*he leaves these words to hang in the air between them*

Man in Red Armor and Cape: *He quirks an eyebrow* "What is?"

Man in Blue: It is unfortunate that so few comprehend the passion and the prowess behind constructing a thing, that which is made to honor, of respect, and of mastery.

Man in Red Armor and Cape: *He looks at the opal questioning for a moment, then to the man in blue, then back to the opal*

Man in Red Armor and Cape: "What do they cost?"

Man in Blue: They are to be purchased with one sack of gold coin in weight.

Man in Red Armor and Cape: *he feels his pocket, and clearly ponders for a long moment*

Man in Blue: Is it difficult...for a man of action, to make such an act, nay purchase?

[22:02] Man in Red Armor and Cape: "Am I to trust a man I do not know, that this is the right thing to do?"

Man in Blue: Man of the red robes....you have already stated with clarity, that you do what you feel is the right thing to do....I would dishonor you, to impose upon you that which you can determine for yourself.

Man in Red Armor and Cape: *he ponders for a small moment longer, before replying* "Very well, I see little harm done in helping you achieve your goal . . . " *He grabs a bag from his belt* "One bag you said?"

Man in Blue: *Dhavel smiles* There are four gems to choose from....I offer that you take the one that appeals most to you. And yes, one bag of gold coin in weight.

Man in Red Armor and Cape: "And what four gems are those?"

Man in Blue: *he wave his hand over the small blanket on the ground before him, holding four water opals*

Man in Red Armor and Cape: *he judges them, obviously trying to make a well thought decision*

Man in Red Armor and Cape: *He picks an opal that he was focusing on most, and he offers the man a bag of coin. He first hands the man the money, before picking up the opal*

Man in Blue: *shows patience* My thanks, red robes.

Man in Red Armor and Cape: *He gives the man a small nod* "I hope you'll spend it well"

Man in Blue: In time. Shall it be our path, crossing....then you will see it risen into place, what I seek to build.

Man in Red Armor and Cape: *He again, gives the man a small nod* "Time will tell"

Man in Blue: Of course...a man that appears as you do, does not seem to be a man that stays any place, for long.

Man in Red Armor and Cape: *A small smirk appears on his face, but he does not respond...Then he seems intend to leave*

Man in Blue: You and I, may not be so different, though it may seem so, on the surface.

Man in Red Armor and Cape: "Time will tell . . . time will tell. Perhaps we shall meet again"

Man in Blue: Perhaps. Or, I shall find you when you least expect it....