All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Angevere's Art
Unread postPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 11:33 am 
BGTSCC Lead Developer

I asked Angevere to revisit the portrait of Valqis, which she did in awesome fashion. :D
Hidden: show

The heiroglyphs* read from top-left down then to right and down:
Her name in the oval-frame, then says she is "Navigator of our home islands. We celebrate her for navigating around the world in year 952" (on their calendar). "She is blessed by revered Nut" (name in oval, the same symbol on Valqis' shoulder pad).

* The glyphs are not simple Common-to-Mulhorandi (i.e. English-to-Egyptian), it is actual IG phrasing as she would speak IG. So their are two layers of translation here.

Unread postPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 11:42 am 

I propose Vendor Xon. The halfelven ranger with the big nose. He deserves it for his loyalty to the server and the great job in keeping the Elder Circle together. Oh. And don't forget his companion the bear Tom.

Unread postPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 5:29 pm 

Didn't Valqis fight with a 2 handed axe in the old days, Duster? :)

Unread postPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 7:19 pm 

Nyeleni wrote:
I propose Vendor Xon. The halfelven ranger with the big nose. He deserves it for his loyalty to the server and the great job in keeping the Elder Circle together. Oh. And don't forget his companion the bear Tom.

///lol your the reason he asked Terri ic if he had a big nose! she kissed his nose and told him it was perfect!

///i vote for him too!

Last edited by Darkcloud777 on Sat May 07, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 7:20 pm 

Darkcloud777 wrote:
Nyeleni wrote:

///lol your the reason he asked Terri ic if he had a big nose! she kissed his nose and told him it was perfect!

It will never be as big as Kahanak's nose.

= C E C I L I A . L A F A Y E T T E =
[Biography] [Journal] [Screenshots]
[Leyla El'uvian- Retired with 'her human' to a loving Den in the woods.]

Unread postPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 7:44 pm 
BGTSCC Lead Developer

Passiflora wrote:
Didn't Valqis fight with a 2 handed axe in the old days, Duster? :)

Yes. She still has it.

Unread postPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:11 am 

Darkcloud777 wrote:
Nyeleni wrote:

///i vote for him too!

Hmm, did he submit? I don't find such name in my PM's nor the thread here

I will be choosing soon now, taking my time reading through all of the characters and sketching for various ideas atm :)
So many great characters, didn't expect any less from this community :D

Unread postPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:52 am 

Angevere wrote:

I will be choosing soon now, taking my time reading through all of the characters and sketching for various ideas atm :)

*blushes* stooooop... :oops: :mrgreen:

Main - Melvor Whitewater

Unread postPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 7:04 am 

Angevere wrote:
Darkcloud777 wrote:
Nyeleni wrote:

///i vote for him too!

I don't think he did submit. And no, Thistle is not the reason he asked because of his nose. That was raised by himself all alone :). I thought I could submit it for him though.

Unread postPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:22 pm 

And done picking! Somehow ended up with two :P

It shall be The Copper Fox, as it's going to be simply a great fun working on him
And because inspiration can come from very unexpected directions, a portrait of Alexandra Keenan

To the rest of you, first of all thank you for sending in your chars! I will likely revisit this list after finishing these two pictures and pick some out again! If I wasn't busy with my work I'd just paint all of you right away :lol: So many cool chars, not enough time :(

Unread postPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:11 pm 

I don't know what I could possibly say aside from thank you. I feel so incredibly honored to have been chosen for one of your exquisite pieces of truly magnificent art. Whenever I see such talent, rather than bemoan my own lack thereof, it gives me hope that there are such wonderful creations in this world we live in. So thank you, sincerely, graciously and from the bottom of my heart.

Quint's Bio

Unread postPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:39 am 

Very beautiful Angevere

Unread postPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:59 am 

Is it too late to be added to the list for the next time you have time to draw up a character? I was hoping to suggest Medune, I will write up a more updated biography and description of the character soon he has been a fun character to play so far.

Unread postPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:21 am 

Angevere wrote:
not much activity from me lately, busy with exams -_- Will be more active after new year tho ;)
For now, a portrait I've done of my drow Xunae :)

Amazing, I love this one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12